Thursday, July 31, 2008

a new direction...





Following the success of PROJECT CHILDHOOD, I jumped right into production for a short film I wrote a year and a half ago entitled GOSPEL OF FORCE. We just wrapped up the shoot last week, and I'm burning the night in post, weaving the shots together with a delicate hand so that we can hopefully set sail on the festival circuit.

I was so lucky to have a wonderful cast and crew on this journey. Expect to see these up-and-coming names in the near future: Jonathan Koops on DP, Cristian Delgadillo and David Chaidez working their magic behind the scenes, and Brenda Lopez on sound design. And I can't forget John and John Bradley, my two stars.


[Prepping for the fish-holding scene]

For the lead, I knew I wanted John Bradley a long time ago, and I was fortunate enough to get him. In fact, I wrote the script with him in mind. He's such an awesome little guy. When I asked him (and his parents) to play the role of a young boy who loses his goldfish to unfortunate circumstances, he agreed but on one condition: I had to promise that after we were finished filming my movie, we would film a Batman movie for him. Maybe we can get his dad (who pulled off an awesome performance) to play the Joker!



Be sure to take a look at my new and improved site, as there are several new and exciting changes taking place at ONWARD FILMS.





No comments: