Trailer for 'Walk', a documentary film by Gabe Van Lelyveld from Gabe Van Lelyveld on Vimeo.
These are the types of stories that I have always enjoyed documenting, whether it was as a news reporter back in the day or as a documentary filmmaker now. Kudos to Gabe Van Lelyveld who directed "WALK." Here you have a young guy who made a decision to start walking for peace one day while carrying a sign that read: WALK 'TIL I DROP FOR PEACE.
I guess what appeals to me so much is the fact that in so many ways we all have our very own dreams and hopes and ambitions, and just like this young man, we have made our own vows to achieve whatever it is we want out of life--until we, too, drop. I can't imagine not resting until I achieve what it is I want out of life.
Whether it's peace we desire or flying a jet plane around the world or being the best mother or father to our children (which I believe to be the noblest of all ambitions in life), it's the essence of this young man's journey that draws me in, because I, too, hope and dream just like him. I guess you could say I'm along for my own ride. It's the challenge to see if I can make a lasting mark on my little spec of earth in the hopes of showing my children that life is about following your dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment