A few weeks back I had the amazing opportunity to shoot a short film with Zen. For some time, I have always wanted to take a young guy to the top of a mountain with a rough script and concept and then see what happens.
I have always been drawn to nature, whether it was just simply climbing a mountain or getting lost in the poetical worlds of the Romantics. At the top of a mountain I feel alive; more importantly, I feel a deeper connection to God. Climbing is such a spiritual experience for me and so I wanted to tap into the innocence of a child and his dreams and stick that alongside a climb to the top of a mountain.
[Zen and I at the top of the mountain]
Climbing to the top of a mountain is an obvious metaphor, and I see the same connection between what a child has to do to reach his or her own dreams. I remember struggling as a child to figure out what I wanted to do and how I was going to get there. Half the time I was just running scared. Fortunately, I had enough wonderful people to guide me along.
[Finding time to mess around with my iPhone in between takes]
I hope to release the short film in the next month, so stay tuned. Hope you enjoy the pics in the meantime. In closing, let me just say that we're never too old to climb mountains.
We're never too old to climb mountains.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Zen and the Art of Climbing a Mountain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment