Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finally...



It has been a long road to complete GOSPEL OF FORCE. It really is my little engine of a short film that could, and hopefully will. I started shooting last year, and I have been working closely over the last three months with Javier Lopez at Oddio Recording Studios on the soundtrack.

Javier is such a phenomenal talent (who just cut an album with some huge names in the spoken-word/rap world--more to follow on his success. He actually let me hear the unreleased cuts and they are amazing).

I just sent off GOSPEL OF FORCE to The San Francisco International Festival of Short Films and to The Global Peace Film Festival.



Sometimes it's a rough battle when people ask you why you do what you do, and they question how you could do what you do for free or what-have you, but at the core of all I do I have always found that fundamental belief that I have not only the power, but an moral obligation to use my gifts to speak up for those who sometimes cannot speak for themselves.

And when all is said and done, at the end of my road (whenever that day may come), I want my children to know that their father tried to make a difference in this world.

I'm fortunate to have a creative day job that gives me the opportunity (and the money) and the time off to work as I do.

Sometimes fighting for a cause is a lonely place.

Sometimes, it's a rewarding place--and that is the place I focus on.

And the notion of being able to use my visual medium to influence and inspire is what keeps me going, as I'm sure it is for so many others working in the non-profit sector scraping away to make a difference in this world. I commend all of you who appreciate the beauty of committing selfless acts in the name of making this world a better place.

No comments: