Monday, April 6, 2009

The Art of Superwoman...


It's no secret how passionately in love I am with my beautiful wife GINA, but I want to take this post in a deeper (and perhaps more personal) direction than I have in the past. I don't know how she does all that she does, but she does it--and she does it with style. She is an excellent mother to our two children. She runs a full-time successful photography business. The list is huge.

Everyday she wakes up at the crack of dawn to work on her business, editing and planning away before the kids wake up. She gets Madeleine off to school. Some days she even volunteers at her school with Ryder by her side. When Ryder takes his nap, she cleans the house and does my laundry (I could do it myself and I wouldn't mind at all, but she does it for me because she knows it gives me more time to spend with our kids when I get home).

She makes dinner. She reads to Madeleine and Ryder. They sing songs during the day. They take walks for ice cream. She takes them on photo shoots (just for the heck of it).

She plays baseball and soccer with Ryder in the yard when I'm at work. She smiles when I get home, stops whatever she is doing and gives me all her attention. She helps out up-and-coming photographers. She has a high school intern she teaches. She volunteers at high schools to teach color correction and composition to photography students. I really just don't see how she does it.

I know that Mother's Day is right around the corner, Guys, and I hope all of you are as lucky as I am to have a SUPERWOMAN like I do, but the truth is, I think as guys, we just sometimes don't realize that everyday is MOTHER'S DAY for us.

I talk about the art of childhood and the art of film and art in general all the time, but the real and lasting art that has lasted throughout time is MOTHERHOOD--and I'm thankful to have one helluva SUPERWOMAN helping to raise our kids (and me sometimes).

4 comments:

rowena said...

Oooh Chris, big points for that! haha. I love her too!

Lucia Photography said...

Okay thanks for making me get teary eyes at work...haha

Gina is extraordinary!

Rob Schwenk said...

Amen brother!! I hope to someday meet your superwoman & family and introduce you to my superwoman & girls. I owe you an email. I'll try to send soon.

thea said...

What a beautiful lovely couple and what you see is fabulous!