After further consideration, the California District Attorney's Association felt that they could not entirely offer their support to Project 4/23. As many of you know, this would be greatly detrimental to the purpose behind the project, since the press conferences were supposed to be the unifying factor that connected everybody whether it was through the local media attention or through the main website where individuals could find inspirational shorts aimed at celebrating childhood.
At first, I felt compelled to go on the offensive, perhaps because I feel so adamantly about this cause. And while I am still struggling to see how giving fifteen minutes of one's time is too much to ask, I cannot in good conscience allow any negativity to be cast on the main goal of ONWARD FILMS, so to pressure DA's to give fifteen minutes of their time would just seem absurd.
My goal was that they would want to do so, and truth be told, I will continue to support the CDA and all the work that they do on a day-to-day basis to help protect children, and I ask that you do the same. I also ask that you take the time to contact District Attorney Mike Ramos, and thank him for his support, since he was after all, the ONLY DA to offer his support.
I suppose beyond the surface of this change of events is some life lesson, one that teaches of persistence in the face of adversity and the fact that we cannot always mold others to our way of thinking (even if it is something as noble and much-needed as raising awareness for child abuse victims).
But the one lesson that will always remain constant not below the surface, is the fact that I will not be swayed from believing that we have a moral and legal obligation to protect children; therefore, I will continue to speak for those who cannot sometimes speak for themselves.
My question now remains for the 58 DA's in California: Without pressure, will you take fifteen minutes out of your day on April 23rd?
Monday, February 18, 2008
still pressing forward...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment