I had someone ask me the other day about that little flash of light found in a lot of my pictures. For those unfamiliar with photo/film lingo, it's actually called a lens flare, and its placement in my work has a story that dates back to June 18, 2004. What follows is a passage I wrote for a series of photos I took of my daughter after a Disneyland trip:
"It happened shortly after I laid my daughter down to sleep. While recuperating from our trip to Disneyand earlier that day, that ever so present fatherly intuition I hve come to value tells me to check on her one last time. Slowly, I push the door open and glance in, careful not to wake her up, but I am too late. There she is, leaning up against the inside of her crib, both hands stretched upward towards the sky.
"She is babbling, for that is all she can do at this early point in her life. My daughter is nearly fourteen months old, and as I watch her, undetected, I wonder to myself--who is she talking to?
"Having had a profound experience as a young child myself with what I truly believe to be an angel, I can't help but see the beauty in a child's arms reaching for the sky."
Saturday, February 2, 2008
my signature...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment