Monday, October 8, 2007

let it shine...


With Christmas right around the corner, I am deep in the planning stages for this year's animated display, which is certain to be a blast. I recently contacted Jennifer Dobbs at the Redlands Daily Facts about possibly working together in hopes of raising money for a good cause. 

With so many visitors last year, I figured it would be so cool if we got everybody who was in the light contest on board to try and raise money together. Imagine if we could get every citizen in our city to donate a dollar at the end of the light tour. We would have 60,000+ dollars. I mean, after all, we're always willing to drop ten dollars for a movie, why not a dollar for a good cause?

Jennifer Dobbs, who is now the managing editor at the Facts, has a great Our Town column. I also know her from the Sun, when she wrote a few articles on my students who raised over $5,000 to help build a school in Kenya.

74 Days until the start of the show...but who's counting. Click here to see my show from last year.

No comments: